Starting before Thanksgiving we are typically open 7 days until New Year’s Eve when we start inventory and are typically closed for about a week. This year we will be closed on Monday, Dec. 28th and close at noon on Dec. 31st. We will then be closed until Wed., Jan 6th when we will start back with normal hours – see below.
In order to keep the business available for walk-in traffic we will try to keep a few open hours. Our new normal hours will be:
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 1:00PM until 4PM [added] Saturday1:00PM until 3PM
These are usually our busiest hours anyway. All other times are by appointment as we cannot predict when we will be called away to doctor’s appointments that we must keep. New associate, John Janosko is joining us to help keep these hours available, see his bio at the bottom of this post. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
In compliance with North Carolina COVID-19 Phase 3 through November 13, 2020 we have changed our status to Open, Phase 3 protocol with the stated NC stated objectives of Phase 3 being:
- Lessen restrictions for vulnerable populations with encouragement to continue practicing physical distancing [continue same as our clientele are generally elderly and vulnerable]
- Allow increased capacity at restaurants, bars, other businesses, houses of worship and entertainment venues [not applicable]
- Further increase the number of people allowed at gatherings [again, not applicable]
- Continue rigorous restrictions on nursing homes and congregate care settings [also, not applicable … but some may say that it is a close resemblance to a nursing home!]
Under these guidelines the following will be observed during your visit: (in continuance of Phase 2)
1. x’s will be on the floor to guide you in maintaining a 6 foot perimeter between possible virus breading entities.
2. Masks will be worn by staff at all times.
4. You may elect to have your purchase brought curb-side. Hands free curb-side checkout is available.
If you don’t want to fool with this then we will still ship or you can pick up at the shop either through the above or pickup in the drive. We will have curb-side delivery upon request or, if you wish, we will ship to you. The shipping cost will be whatever the post office charges. We will not charge any handling fees unless it is through the website which has ship charge rules based on value of the product, not actual.
Sanitation – Your health is our top priority
We have maintained a sanitation level that most other retail facilities envy. Since our clientele are typically older and have other health related sensitivities to the virus, our concerns have dictated the following state-of-the-technology changes:
1. All “shared” touch surfaces are sanitized with 70% alcohol after each customer. This includes, exterior door knobs (coming and going), check out counter, counter stool (note the singular), and bathroom door knob, all with appropriate signage. Bathroom has available wash facility with disposable towels and soap with appropriate signage.
2. CHECKOUT. I believe that this is the most under sanitized area and that most businesses and clients have overlooked the obvious “shared” surface in the credit/debit card or payment process.
a. NO-TOUCH. The machine itself should not be touched if possible. Our checkout machine accepts cards that have been set for all major touch-less systems like Android Pay, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay (NFC technology), EMV (chip and pin) technology and MTS (Mobile TeleSystems).
b. Sanitize your card. We have the capability upon request to sanitize your card before and/or after use with UV-C (256 nm wavelength) light. This is hospital-grade sanitation. We also, sanitize the chip slot, if used, and the keypad, if used. We also provide sanitized touch-free stylus pens in the store for those that don’t have their own personal stylus.
We have backup sanitation for these methods if required.
3. AIR. Yes, we are even cleaning the air. Even if you do not have, want to use or forgot a mask, we are cleaning the air with 3 stage HEPA and carbon filter with UV-C light to mitigate even a hint that there might be viruses lingering in our shop. We also have disposable masks available to customers upon request.