New Summer Hours
John Janosko has begun to help in the shop and will be the Train Buddy when I am not able. John and I go back some 20 odd years (and yes, they have been odd!). He was the one that helped me at shows when we were still doing them so he is very familiar with the stock and the products. Of course he is an avid model railroader with years of experience. John is also knowledgeable with Digital Command Control and his past work experience with telephony which includes troubleshooting, wiring and electronic equipment makes him more than just a seat-warmer. He is a past president of the National Model Railroad Association, Mid-East Region as well as past superintendent of the local Carolina Piedmont Division 13. John is a valuable asset to the Train Buddy and we are more than pleased to have his assistance.
In order to keep the business available for walk-in traffic we will try to keep a few open hours. Our new hours will be:
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 1:00PM until 3:30PM.
These are usually our busiest hours anyway. All other times are by appointment as we cannot predict when we will be called away to doctor’s appointments that we must keep. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
In compliance with North Carolina COVID-19 Phase 2 opening through Friday, August 7, 2020 we have changed our status to Open, Phase 2 protocol.
Under these guidelines the following will be observed during your visit:
(in continuance of Phase 1)
1. x’s will be on the floor to guide you in maintaining a 6 foot perimeter between possible virus breading entities.
2. No more than 10 people will be allowed in the shop at the same time. (like this is likely to happen)
3. Masks will be worn at all times.
4. You may elect to have your purchase brought curb-side. Hands free curb-side checkout is available.
If you don’t want to fool with this then we will still ship or you can pick up at the shop either through the above or pickup in the drive. We will have curb-side delivery upon request or, if you wish, we will ship to you. The shipping cost will be whatever the post office charges. We will not charge any handling fees unless it is through the website which has ship charge rules based on value of the product, not actual.
Sanitation – Your health is our top priority
We have maintained a sanitation level that most other retail facilities envy. Since our clientele are typically older and have other health related sensitivities to the virus, our concerns have dictated the following state-of-the-technology changes:
1. All “shared” touch surfaces are sanitized with 70% alcohol after each customer. This includes, exterior door knobs (coming and going), check out counter, counter stool (note the singular), and bathroom door knob, all with appropriate signage. Bathroom has available wash facility with disposable towels and soap with appropriate signage.
2. CHECKOUT. I believe that this is the most under sanitized area and that most businesses and clients have overlooked the obvious “shared” surface in the credit/debit card or payment process.
a. NO-TOUCH. The machine itself should not be touched if possible. Our checkout machine accepts cards that have been set for all major touch-less systems like Android Pay, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay (NFC technology), EMV (chip and pin) technology and MTS (Mobile TeleSystems).
b. Sanitize your card. We have the capability upon request to sanitize your card before and/or after use with UV-C (256 nm wavelength) light. This is hospital-grade sanitation. We also, sanitize the chip slot, if used, and the keypad, if used. We also provide sanitized touch-free stylus pens in the store for those that don’t have their own personal stylus.
We have backup sanitation for these methods if required.
3. AIR. Yes, we are even cleaning the air. Even if you do not have, want to use or forgot a mask, we are cleaning the air with 3 stage HEPA and carbon filter with UV-C light to mitigate even a hint that there might be viruses lingering in our shop.